Learning how to make a basket
Always wanted to learn how to weave a basket, or are you already experienced but would like to improve yourself? Make sure to continue reading!
What better than to learn something new, or to improve yourself in something? In this course I gather all my knowledge and passion to teach you everything there is to know about basketry/wickerwork.
What can I expect on a basketmaking course?
You can follow a 2-day course or sign up for just 1 day. Throughout the course you will learn everything about sorting and soaking of willow, and weaving a basket. A typical day lasts from 09:30 to 16:00, with a lunchbreak between 12:30-13:00.
Everybody starts with weaving a round basket. However, through individual guidance it is possible to discuss options for new creations afterwards.
Whether you're coming for 1 or 2 days, you will always go home at the end of the day with a selfwoven basket already after the first course!
Already experienced? No problem at all, then you can decide yourself, in consultation with me, what you want to make! Possible ideas are: a cone, angel, feedhouse, alternative easter tree, mushroom, and much much more.
What's included in the price?
Price for 1 day: 55 euros ; Price for 2 consecutive days: 100 euros.
- Personal assistance throughout the entire day
- 1 kg of willow (raw, Belgian red) per day *
- Assistance possible in 3 languages: English, French, and Dutch
*To avoid misunderstandings all baskets will be weighed. If they weigh more than 1 kg, a surcharge/kg will be charged. All baskets made in peeled willow will be charged seperately as well.
Is this experience for me?
This course is tailored both for beginners as well as for people with former experience who want to learn more about basketry and improve their skills. Given the maximum number of 6 participants per course it really allows for individual guidance. It would be my pleasure to share my passion for basketry with you.
What should I take with me?
- Sharp knife
- Mouth mask
Organization of the course / workshop
Everyone at 1.5m in my atelier, but if the weather is good, we can sit outside.
I make a (disinfected) package for everyone with the necessary tools to use, etc.
Just bring a mouth mask with you for figuring out the willow branches ...
Definitely I'll wear a mouth mask because I have to explain and teach.
Please take back with you what you bring along to eat and drink.
# covid_19 compatible, including respect for containment measures
Participation at your own risk.
You can sign up by contacting me via email or phone. The registration is only valid from the moment the money is transferred. Given the soaking time of the willow it is required to sign up latest 2 weeks prior to the course.
Possible dates autumn 2021 (Sept - Dec)
- Friday 17 Sept / Saterday 18 Sept
- Friday 24 Sept / Saterday 25 Sept
- Friday 15 Oct / Saterday 16 Oct
- Friday 22 Oct / Saterday 23 Oct
- Friday 12 Nov / Saterday 13 Nov
- Friday 19 Nov / Saterday 20 Nov
- Friday 10 Dec / Saterday 11 Dec
- Location: Zandstraat 47, 3140 Keerbergen, Belgium
- Bank account number: IBAN, BE61 9730 5814 0117 BIC, ARSPBE22
- Until 3 weeks prior to the course you can cancel free of charge, afterwards you'll have to find somebody to replace you yourself.
- In the absence of a sufficient amount of participants, the right to cancel the course is reserved.
- Parking: on our side of the street and / or on our driveway
Custom made course?
Besides the regular courses I am spesialised in tailoring courses to your needs. Do you have an idea? Feel free to contact me for more information or questions about a possible collaboration.